Now in its third year, Cycle of Light is a night time group activity offering participants an opportunity to experience the world in darkness while raising awareness and funds for National Council for the Blind Ireland (NCBI). We would love you to join us on Friday, 6th September 2019.
Companies, social groups and community organisations are invited to join us.
The Cycle of Light contributes to the support, technology and tools that people with sight loss can utilize to maximise their potential and independence.
By being part of this event, you can make the difference in the life of a 5 year old child learning in a mainstream environment; to a 19 year old accessing the technology they need to complete their University course; to a 72 year old farmer with acquired sight-loss who can now listen to an audio version of The Farmers Journal every week.
Tips for effective fundraising
- Fund Matching – Approach your company and see if they offer fund matching for charity donations.
- Set up a fundraising page on Everyday Hero
- Got to www.everydayhero.com/ie
- Hit the green ‘Start Fundraising’ button.
- Fill in your details – NCBI is a listed charity so it will pop up when you search.
- On the next page, pick a profile picture. It has been proven that a photo boosts donations, so strike a pose and upload your photo!
- The next bit can take a few minutes but it is worth it! Here you can explain why you’ve chosen to support NCBI, be it a personal connection or a belief in the difference we make to people’s lives.
- Get filling – Share your personalised sponsorship card with family and friends.
Run/Organise an event – Check out our A to Z fundraising list. We can help with permits, promotional materials, etc.